- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
FIM Light therapy
Light Therapy has been shown in over 40 years of independent research worldwide to deliver powerful therapeutic benefits to living tissues and organisms. It had demonstrated very beneficial effects in treating problems such as wounds, cuts, scars, and infection. This light is absorbed by the cells of the skin. The cells absorb a packet of light called a photon and use that packet of light to produce ATP, the form of energy used by all cellular processes. This boost in ATP production can help to power metabolic process such as the synthesis of DNA, RNA, proteins, enzymes, and a number of other products required for cellular and tissue regeneration. This activation of energy via ATP production can help to remove deficiencies in energy flow throughout the body and improve systemic homeostasis.
In addition to Infrared our device features a plate coated with a mineral formation consisting of 33 earth elements essential to the human body. When activated by the built-in electric heating element, this mineral plate emits a special band of far-infrared waves ranging from 2 to 25 (microns) in wavelength that coincides with the wavelengths and intensity of the electromagnetic radiations emanating from the human body. As a result, the far-infrared waves are readily absorbed.
Uses for FIM Light Therapy
Far Infrared Heat Benefits
1. Increase Vascularity: By increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away.
2. Increase Lymphatic System Activity: Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling.
3. Stimulate the Release of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP): Increases in ATP allows cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell.
4. Increase RNA and DNA Synthesis: This helps damaged cells to be replaced more promptly.
5. Stimulate Tissue Granulation and Connective Tissue Projections: These are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
6. Stimulate Endorphins and Enkephalins: These are produced in the brain as well as chemicals from other areas of the body like adrenals which facilitate long term pain relief.